Sunday, July 27, 2014

Fixes For Your Summer Beauty Probz

Fried, chlorinated hair:

As a girl with purple hair, I totally get what it's like to battle with unhealthy hair every day. My go to shampoo and conditioner are Kenra's Clarifying Shampoo and Ion's Effective Hair Care Treatment. The Ion Conditioner runs at $11.79 and Kenra's Shampoo runs at $18.99 a bottle.

Dry skin: 

Let's all admit that dry skin and summer just go together. To get rid of dry, flaking skin, I use a teaspoon of honey on my face and leave it there for about 10 minutes, then I rinse off very thoroughly.

Sunburns:

Every year, no matter how much sunscreen I put on, no matter how much I reapply, I always get sunburnt cheeks. With a burn so intense, who would want to even think about putting makeup on for that hot date you have later? I use Young Living Lavender Oil to ease the burn and help redness fade. My sunburns are gone within hours, and the burn is gone immediately. At $22 a bottle, it is well worth the weeks of enduring painful sunburns.

Covering up tan lines-long term fix

In a Birchbox I received last summer, I got the St. Tropez Self Tanning Mousse. At first, I was super skeptical because helloooo self tan? No thank you, I don't particularly feel like being an Oompa Loompa today. But after getting a REALLY bad tan line that I couldn't cover up with makeup, I decided why not? It couldn't be worse than the tan line. I fell in love. This stuff is incredible! Beginning at $18 a bottle for the 50 ml bottle, this stuff is definitely pricey, but if you just leave it for your tan lines, it should be able to last quite some time.

Covering up tan lines-short term fix

Well, crap. You're going out for a night on the town with your significant other in that cute strapless dress, but you have awful tan lines. There's no covering that up quickly, and you leave in 20 minutes! Just pull out you handy-dandy Diorskin Nude Tan Glow or your Anastasia Contour Kit and your good to go! The cheapest on this occasion would definitely be the Contour Kit at $40 with six colors. If you were looking for something that would definitely do the job right no matter what, Dior's Nude Tan is your go-to. At $52, this doesn't run cheap, but you can definitely pop into Sephora and just dab some on if you don't want to spring for it. Nobody will be any wiser, right?








No comments:

Post a Comment