Friday, January 24, 2014

Purple Eye with the new Tarte Mattenificent Palette

My FOTD today is featuring the beautiful Tarte Mattenificent Eye Palette! You may notice that the cover photo features with and without lipstick. I actually really liked it both ways, so I decided I would go ahead and show you lovely people both!

Starting with the beautiful Kat Von D Lock It Foundation and Concealer in the first picture. I used the Too Faced Primed and Poreless Primer, and I think I am going to begin to move towards the Maybelline Baby Face primer. Personally, I get a better result for much cheaper. 
In the second picture, I'm showing off my lovely light contour. I used the Coastal Scents bronzer.

Look at this beautiful palette! It is made of some sort of metal, and is very sturdy. I carried this in my incredibly messy purse, and nothing happened to any of the shadows! No fallout in the palette or my face. The shadows are made of Amazonian Clay and are very soft. It doesn't feel like you're wearing anything! It is a very soft palette, and I had no difficulty applying the colors. The only thing I didn't like was the blush. The blush is a very soft color, and I would've liked it more if they had made it a little bit brighter. 
For my lid, I used Sand Out From The Crowd. For the crease, I used Rose To The Occasion and for the outer corner, I used Two Plums Up. I added Two Plums Up under my eyes to give it a smokier eye. The colors blend beautifully without a primer, but they had a hard time when I used it with my UD Primer.
I used Urban Decay's Tornado eyeliner on both the bottom and top lids. 

I really liked this without lipstick as well as with, so here it is without! 

I used Shiro Cosmetics Nyan Cat Lipstick. It feels like a lip balm, and has a very long color wear. Definitely recommend it!

The next post will be a review on the Anastasia Dip Brow in Blonde! 

Be sure to check out the side bar and see my top Must Have Items. 

No comments:

Post a Comment