Monday, January 13, 2014

Review of Japonesque 180 Degree Contour Brush

Here is a link to the brush in question!  Now, let's begin. At first, I was very skeptical about purchasing this brush, but after seeing it on sale for $8, I figured why not. At regular retail price, this brush will go for $32 at your nearest Ulta. A select few of the brushes are on sale for a deep discount, so if you are a Japonesque fan girl/guy, I would head on out! They are already out of stock at my Ulta. 
 I started this look out with my normal foundation using a Beauty Blender Sponge(which you can now find the link to on the side bar!), and my trusty Kat Von D foundation! This is of course partnered with my Too Faced Primed and Poreless Primer(also located on the side bar).
 Immediately getting to the new brush. I put on E.L.F.'s translucent powder and began. Using Coastal Scent's blush palette, I started contouring. I found the brush very interesting. It makes it easier to contour, but I feel like if you already know how to contour your cheekbones, this brush is kind of a pointless buy. If you have a harder time contouring, this may work for you! I found that the brush picked up a lot of powder which required me to tap it off every time I would reload, so to speak.
Using NYX's Matte Lipstick in "Perfect Red Rouge Parfait", I really enjoyed this look. I used the Too Faced Anti-Feathering Lip Pencil. Another must have. 


To sum it up, I think that if you have a difficult time contouring, this is a great brush! I really liked using it on my clients, and found it very easy to use. The brush is not nearly as soft as you would expect a $32 brush to be, and I feel like you could get a better quality one at Sedona Lace. If money isn't an issue, I would highly recommend the Becca brush, or it's knock off(which I prefer over the Becca Brush), The Eco Tools Face and Body Sculpting Brush. It's much softer than the Becca Brush, and at 5 times cheaper, how can you mess up?

Be sure to check out the side bar and see my top Must Have Items. 


No comments:

Post a Comment